5/20/13

Etude House: Collagen Moistfull First Essence Review

Ello everyone,

This is the last of the products I ordered for myself in April. I had been looking for a moisturizing cream for around my eyes and any fine lines . So, I bought the 3 step sample kit of Etude House Collagen Moistufull line from ebay, for about $5.00 with free shipping. (Sorry, I do not remember the ebay seller.) I'm reviewing them separately, so my post is not to long. Read on for my Etude House First Essence review.



First Essence Review

The 15ml sample bottle. Description and ingredients from PrettyandCute.com.

  Desription:

Etude House Moistfull Collagen First Essence is a hydrating moisture and collagen essence. Baobab Tree extract contains moisturizing properties that penetrate deep for better and longer lasting hydration. Also, contains 90% Collagen composition that increases collagen synthesis, providing a lifting and tightening effect. Promotes a radiant and lustrous glow to complexion.
 
Directions: After cleansing and before facial freshner (toner). Apply an appropriate amount all over face.
 
Benefits:

  • Hydrates
  • Moisturizes
  • Increases Collagen synthesis
  • Penetrates Deep
 

Ingredients:

 Hydrolyzed Collagen Alcohol, Adansonia Digitata Fruit Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Butylene Glycol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Benzophenone-5, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxethanol, CI 19140, CI 17200, Fragrance


Personal Experience:
  I have used this twice a day, for a little over a  month. I wash my face with Likas Papaya soap, and use this before my Etude House Wonder Pore toner. I follow it with the Moistfull cream under my eyes and on fine lines. This essence alone, works nicely. It is very light, so on days I wake up oily, I will wear this alone. I take a tiny amount and pat it into my skin.

 It feels like it traps that supple feeling you get after a facial. I like to leave this in a cool place, since it is getting warmer outside. That way, it is refreshing and cool on my skin.

 Acne Prone Skin Reaction?:
So far, my skin has been doing okay with this product. My cheeks are always having some type of pimple action happening. This I feel is more from eating habits.  I did have a break out start on my chin, but I think that was from always resting my chin in my hands, and the NYX concealer I have used... (but that is another review -_-*).

Any complaints:
 I don't really have a complaint, but if I had to choose one, it would be the consistency. It is a pro and a con, but the consistency of the essence is very watery. While the watery consistency causes a nice, light feeling on the skin, you might lose product every now and then. There were a few blurry eyed mornings where I lost product to the sink.                                    

Overall thoughts:
I love that I can use such a small amount, and get nice results. It is very cost efficient for a facial routine, specially since this is a 15ml bottle, that has lasted me over a month. So, a full sized one at 100ml , would last almost a year. I've seen the full size run from about $20-$25 dollars. It also comes as a pair, with the cream, at different price ranges.

 I want to love this, but I also want to try another brands essence, before deciding to add this into my permanent facial routine.

Overall Score:  

As always, thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment