1/6/14

Urban Decay Book Of Shadows IV Review





Happy Monday!

Well, if you are back to school or work, it probably is not that much of a happy one. I've had this palette for about 3-4 weeks. I've used it to do someone's makeup, and I've used it a few times myself. I ordered this during Cyber Monday deals, and it was $25. I literally sat up all night with my cursor on the purchase button. I thought they would sell out super quickly.

Let's Take A Look Inside!
 


 There is a mirror you can use, if you want. I can see how it would be useful, if you travel with it. A pocket is on the left side of the mirror, which is used to hold your phone. That way you can watch makeup tutorials, while you do your makeup. I adore the pop up butterflies in this! Very nostalgic, of pop up books of my childhood. I've seen people complain about it, not being useful, but I'm a sucker for cute packaging.  



There is a card in the pocket on top, that has a look on the front and back. I like to try my own ideas, but it's a nice touch.

As you can see, I have been loving on my palette. ^_^

Inside the drawer, you are given 16 shadows, a 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner, a travel sized Supercurl Curling mascara, and a travel sized Eyeshadow Primer Potion. You are also given a cord, and speaker to listen to your makeup tutorials on your cell. I find that the drawer is sometimes difficult to open, and gets stuck frequently.

Shadow Swatches
I placed stars next to my favorites!

(left to right) Kiddie Pool, Gun Metal, Creep,* Baked*


(left to right) *Grifter*, *Psychedelic Sister*, Lost, Hijack


(left to right) Midnight Cowgirl, *Sin*, Sidecar, *Strip*

(left to right) *Stray Dog*, Missionary, *Virgin*, Polyester Bride

Close Ups

24/7 Waterprof Liquid Liner
 The applicator tip of the liquid liner is very skinny. It makes it easier to apply for me. I am usually horrible with liquid liner, because of my shaky hands. Yet, I fair a bit better with this liner. ^_^

Supercurl Curling Mascara
 I do NOT experience clumping with this product! I love how full this makes my lashes look. This extends my thin, short lashes and adds volume. The shape of the wand also makes it easy to reach my lower lashes. I will be repurchasing this in a full size!


I like this way better than the Too Faced Shadow Insurance. This primes my eyelids, without leaving it feeling dried out or weird. It keeps my eyeshadow in place and vivid all day.

Overall Thoughts


I am having a really good run with buying nice palettes. This palette was a great deal when I bought it. I have seen it run $32-$65.  In my opinion, this palette is worth the money. Even if you have to pay full price.  The color pay off, and longevity of these shades, will make it so I won't have to repurchase makeup for a while. Yet, I will because I am loving makeup more and more. That the shadows come with primer, liner, mascara, and beautiful packaging is worth the money.

 Where can you find this palette?
Ulta 

You can also find this palette on ebay!



Have you tried one of Urban Decay's Book of Shadows? Would you want to see Urban Decay products included in a future giveaway? Any other palette suggestions? 

Leave them in the comment section.


Follow on Bloglovin
Instagram

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Lovely review! I looked at the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette as my real first eyeshadow palette purchase, but I'm liking this palette a lot as well! I've only heard a little bit about it before, but now is totally interested in it! I'm sorry I can't give any palette suggestions based on my own experience, but I watched reviews on the Sugarpill Cold Chemistry Palette, Lorac Pro Palette and the Naked 3 Palette which are all really nice. I am especially interested in the Sugarpill Cold Chemistry Palette because I like the range of cool, light and dark colors in the palette. Seeing Urban Decay products in a future giveaway would be very generous and sweet! Thank you! >w<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you very much. I really want the Naked 3 palette! I have not heard of the Sugarpill Cold Chemistry Palette, but I will check it out. I will keep that in my for after my Valentine's Day Giveaway. Thanks for commenting! ^_^

      Delete